Saturday, July 01, 2006

*comes up for air*


Greetings programs--err, family!

What news? Well...As you can see from this pic, things are going well for me, with Drew. (quick background: we met when we auditioned for the corporate band we're in, became friends and it sort of went from there). We've been a "thing" for roughly two months--that's my usual break up point but it looks like this will be a long term relationship.
Which is good, because the kids want to keep this one, too.

Things are going well for Drew, incidentally (I must brag on my boyfriend a moment): he called tonight to tell me Marvel Comics scouted his art panels and want to see what he can do with one of their scripts! Wow. That's BIG--they don't let just anyone draw for them...That's like oh...me getting scouted by someone from Bluenote Records (a bigtime Jazz Label, for those who don't know) and asked to submit a demo based on a list of songs they select. I'm totally impressed.
(now. How do I get noticed by Bluenote?)

What other news do I have? mmmm I need to brag on the boys....Gareth is in Texas for the summer, visiting his dad. He will be going to middle school this coming school year. He's also in the Gifted program!!! Vincent made it into preschool and he's *cues drum-roll* POTTY TRAINED!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited.
Tristan...heck, he's hard to keep up with. He tells me he's got a steady music gig at some club in town, and another music project he promises he'll tell me about soon. Amelia's also doing well.

With all this creative productivity going on in my house, I've gotten into my own
artistic groove again. I've been doing a lot of work for both music projects I'm involved in. The Billz have a gig in August--I've been cheerleading with that one (mostly), getting people to make decisions, commit to practice times and quit the hesaid/shesaid infighting you get with big bands. It's hard work but I'm starting to get some positive feedback.
As for my personal stuff I've been doing a lot of music writing. Here's a pic I'm considering for my (eventual) CD cover:
This is something I did using subtle layers to add lights and the music in the background. I particularly like the light shining in Drew's eyes and how it makes him look slightly annoyed--that wasn't part of the original shot, it's all photoshopped in. Cool, huh? It's a lot easier if you have a partner to work with, I've discovered. With Drew around, I can finally hear the music I keep in my head all the time. Vincent loves the fact that we play so much--he's learning how to harmonize and makes up little songs of his own now.
I've also been writing music reviews, when I have time, and making more pics and videos.

I have a bunch of pics I'd like to upload but Blogger's being difficult tonight. I promise, I'll add more asap.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?