Thursday, March 02, 2006

Let's see if this works...

Hey chilluns. I finally broke down and got a cablemodem. Wow! I'm more than pleased, I can surf as well as I can at work now. I tried webcamming to Canada this evening and had no trouble--no freezing, good picture. I'm sure it helped that my friend has DSL. I'm looking forward to trying the connection to other places, so if you've got the set up, contact me and we'll try it ok? Great.

I haven't tried uploading anything yet, so we'll try it now:

(live report)
distinctly slower than downloading, thus far....*blink* but not too shabby! That only took a few seconds.

Now, these won't be great but they'll do for the sake of experiment.

Here's a recent one of me and Vincent:

Gareth took this one. He's learning how to work a camera.

Vincent was very tired!
We'd spent most of the day building a desk. This one was taken before we actually moved all the computer stuff over to it's new location so everything is all chaotic.

In true strategic form, Vincent exploited the desk-building distraction by climbing up the kitchen cabinets to snag the Forbidden Cheetos. He and I are discussing the matter in this photo.

Now, Gareth:

As you can see, he was also very tired. He's been a great help to me this week.

I think he was displeased when this was shot, though, he's got that, "Mom, I don't want my picture taken" look.

The angle sucks , he looks larger than he actually is. He's lost some weight (and gained some height) recently.

We measured him the other day--he's 5'3". This is a 10-year old boy we're talking about! His feet are huge...I bet he ends up being at least 6'3", unless the rogue Italian genes kick in and he quits growing prematurely.

Genetics sure are interesting:
Tris has big feet too, but he only made it to 5'6" (then again, Tristan was only about 4'5" when he was ten). Tristan got the short gene from both sides--he's built like his dad (who can't be more than 5'8") and otherwise takes after our dad (who was also only 5'6").

Gareth's paternal line contains nothing tall, brawny celts, most of them blond. He also seems to be taking after Mom's father's side of the family (more big celts, just irish instead of scottish).

I'm very interested in seeing how Vincent turns out. So far, he's an asian version of Tristan.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?