Friday, December 09, 2005

Ice and Snow

Earlier in the week, we had snow! Very cool.
Here are some pics!

These were taken at the beginning of the week, while it was still snowing.
I took them just outside the gym we go to, around 8pm. We had a couple decent days in the middle of the week then, Thursday night, the sleet started. By morning, the entire neighborhood was encased in ice crystals. It was nothing like what we see in Texas, but given the 60 degree incline of my driveway, coming off the hill was out of the question. School was cancelled anyway. I think work expected a lot of people would have to call in--I was more upset about it than they were.

There was nothing to be done until the shone on our hill for a few hours. About 3pm, I went out to shovel ice. First thing, I stepped wrong and ended up skiing down the icy slope! I did pretty well, considering--I didn't fall until I got to the bottom. The rest of the afternoon was spent hacking and shovelling ice. I got my workout, alright.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?