Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The Gaby Beautification Project: Update


Heh. Yes, I start this with a particularly un-beautiful pic of me, fresh from the gym last night, wearing clothes that do nothing for me and taken from the worst angle possible.
But, hey, check it out: I have a waist!
This has been a week of changes.
I seem to have finally kicked the malais that plagued me most of November. I talked with my trainer, re-worked my diet and discovered the main reason my progress has been slowing down, I've been getting sick, feeling tired and depressed was, *laughs* hell. I'm not taking in enough calories (I tend to live on coffee).
Nutritionally, what I habitually eat is all out of proportion for the fitness regimen I'm following: too many carbs, not enough protein. So here's my new nutrition routine:

1)I'm doing a whey/casein protein drink twice a day
2)I'm making sure to eat at least once before noon.
3)I'm trying to eat something before 5pm
4)I try not to eat after 10pm

I've been sticking to approximately 1500 calories a day, divided into 50/30/20 protein/carb/fat. That breaks down into (roughly) 300 grams of food a day. I find if I make sure to eat at least 150g protein, I naturally fall into the right proportions on the other two.

Mind you, Pasta is usually not an option, with this plan.

For those of you who're counting, the total loss to date is....50lbs.
Go me. Now for the other 50...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?